Getting powerdns to forward all unsolved DNS requests to another DNS server?

Today a Debian Edu users showed up on #debian-edu and asked what was
needed to get Debian Edu/Lenny to work with his setup.  His problem
was that DNS lookups did not work for addresses on the Internet.

After some debugging, we discovered that DNS lookups from the main
server to any address on the Internet failed, and the cause was
probably his router (topcom skyracer wbr 254g) blocking DNS requests.
When using the router as a DNS server, lookups worked fine, but trying
to reach a DNS server on the Internet failed.

This made me remember the old bind9 setting we used to get bind to
forward all DNS requests to another DNS server.  It is useful on
networks blocking DNS requests to all non-approved DNS servers.

I tried to find a similar setting for powerdns, but as far as I can
figure out this is simply not supported by powerdns.  Am I wrong, or
is it just impossible to get powerdns to work when the network admins
block DNS lookups?

Happy hacking,