Re: Caching password, user and group on a roaming Debian laptop

[Thorsten Glaser]
> we may be interested in doing something like that with Lenny on
> laptops and Univention on the LDAP server side???  we already have
> working setup against UCS on our desk- tops (Hardy, but not for much
> longer) and some servers (Lenny).

Aha.  Cool. :)

> Do you think this can be backported? How is deletion of access
> rights (user account expired/disabled/deleted) handled?

I expect sssd can be backported, but the pam-auth-config stuff will
have to be rewritten for /etc/pam.d/ to get the required
configuration.

As for deletion of access rights, I have no idea how it is handled.  I
hope it is handled well, but do not really know.

Those that want to test the roaming setup in Debian Edu can install
from the squeeze-test images.  Since yesterday, roaming workstation is
a profile option during installation, and it seem to be working.

BTW: not sure if you are subscribed to debian-edu@, so I kept you on
  CC.

Happy hacking,