Gnome Debian Edu desktop is broken in Squeeze

A few days ago, I did a test installation using Squeeze and selected
the Gnome desktop instead of KDE.  It was no success, but a complete
failure.  The Debian Edu setup was missing.

The cause was the fact that debian-edu-config depend on
debian-edu-artwork, which in turn conflict with desktop-base pulled in
by Gnome.  The result is that debian-edu-config is removed during
installation and no post-installation configuration is done.

Someone should probably have a look at this and try to fix it.  I am
not sure why d-e-artwork conflict with desktop-base, but have vague
memories of it being related to the grub 2 artwork stuff.  Perhaps the
grub2 packages need to be changed to make it easier for multiple
packages to provide artwork for it, or Gnome should drop the
dependency on desktop-base?

Happy hacking,