Re: how to proceed with edu-squeeze changes

Le Monday 28 June 2010 17:02:49 Andreas B. Mundt, vous avez écrit :
> On Mon, Jun 28, 2010 at 04:20:52PM +0200, Holger Levsen wrote:
> > On Mittwoch, 23. Juni 2010, Andreas B. Mundt wrote:
> > > To test the gosa setup we only need the gosa package. There is one
> > > in Squeeze, but it does not work at all, see:
> > >    http://bugs.debian.org/573220
>
> [...]

Hello,

> > > If we want to do more than user handling, gosa-plugin-sudo,
> > > gosa-plugin-systems and gosa-plugin-dhcp are of interest for now.
> >
> > Are those in squeeze in the needed versions?

No.

> I just had a look on the gosa packages and their content in squeeze. It
> looks like the packaging changed, because the plugin-packages miss
> completely in the debian archives. (Compare with upstream
> http://oss.gonicus.de/pub/gosa/debian-lenny/ ). I hope that the upload
> to debian contains also the plugin-packages. Perhaps Benoit can shed
> some light on the issue.

Yep in squeeze for now you have the old 2.5.x version who is not
maintained anymore. the version that shoudl be uploaded tommorow is the
2.6.10 version, and in this version all the plugins are separated.

This way you can just install the gosa core and the plugin you need

> > > I suggest to copy the package from sid to our archives as soon as
> > > it arrives.
> >
> > Will you do that? I'm happy to help you through the process, just
> > ping me…
>
> OK, will ping you as soon as they are in sight.
>
> BTW, I managed to use the DNS and the DHCP plugin to configure tjener
> as server within gosa. We can prepare ldap to include this setup out
> of the box (I have a patch for ldap-bootstrapping (gosa.ldif) ready).
> This would make it easy for admins to modify their system, for example
> move services away from tjener to other machines or define subnets or
> whatever.

Yes managing dhcp and dns with GOsa is a breeze, the latest version also
have the dynamic dns update with all managed in the ldap tree

For your setup, i would recommand using the dhcp, dns, ssh, sudo plugins
at first sight

Cheers
--
Benoit Mortier