Re: LDAP GUI clients (Petter Reinholdtsen's blog)

Hello Petter (and the list):
As requested, I'm forwarding comments here about what GUI clients seem
to work for LDAP. I've used "gq" for some time. It seems to work for
browsing as well as updating values, though I haven't tried major tree
surgery (moving objects, removing subtrees) with it. This is the classic
sort of area that I find a gui useful, if it's sufficently powerful: I
do LDAP maintenance seldom enough that I tend to forget the finicky (but
powerful) syntax. If I need to do more than update a few values (repoint
someone's NFS automount homedir, for ex.) I refresh the neurons needed
to write the ldapmodify script.

Ross
--
Ross Reedstrom, Ph.D.                                 reedstrm@rice.edu
Systems Engineer & Admin, Research Scientist        phone: 713-348-6166