Re: how to proceed with edu-squeeze changes

On Mon, Jun 28, 2010 at 04:20:52PM +0200, Holger Levsen wrote:
> On Mittwoch, 23. Juni 2010, Andreas B. Mundt wrote:
> > To test the gosa setup we only need the gosa package. There is one
> > in Squeeze, but it does not work at all, see:
> >    http://bugs.debian.org/573220
[...]
> > If we want to do more than user handling, gosa-plugin-sudo,
> > gosa-plugin-systems and gosa-plugin-dhcp are of interest for now.
>
> Are those in squeeze in the needed versions?

I just had a look on the gosa packages and their content in squeeze. It
looks like the packaging changed, because the plugin-packages miss
completely in the debian archives. (Compare with upstream
http://oss.gonicus.de/pub/gosa/debian-lenny/ ). I hope that the upload
to debian contains also the plugin-packages. Perhaps Benoit can shed
some light on the issue.

> > I suggest to copy the package from sid to our archives as soon as it
> > arrives.
>
> Will you do that? I'm happy to help you through the process, just ping me…

OK, will ping you as soon as they are in sight.

BTW, I managed to use the DNS and the DHCP plugin to configure tjener
as server within gosa. We can prepare ldap to include this setup out
of the box (I have a patch for ldap-bootstrapping (gosa.ldif) ready).
This would make it easy for admins to modify their system, for example
move services away from tjener to other machines or define subnets or
whatever.

Cheers,

	Andi