Re: how to proceed with edu-squeeze changes

Hi Holger,

On Wed, Jun 23, 2010 at 11:54:32AM +0200, Holger Levsen wrote:
> > Unfortunatelly the gosa packages are still missing in debian of
> > today. I keep on asking the maintainer to finish them. I hope for this
> > week.
>
> Which packages are you talking about exactly? Gosa is in Debian, even in
> lenny. Which parts are exactly missing? If stuff is only missing in squeeze,
> but exists in sid, we could upload it to our archive. Last week I've
> sponsored the upload of goto-fai-backend to sid and I might well sponsor more
> gosa stuff, if I knew what ;-)

To test the gosa setup we only need the gosa package. There is one
in Squeeze, but it does not work at all, see:
   http://bugs.debian.org/573220
(btw. just saw a new comment there from Jordi ... that's good, 'cause I
had already the impression I am the only one needing the package :-))

If we want to do more than user handling, gosa-plugin-sudo,
gosa-plugin-systems and gosa-plugin-dhcp are of interest for now.

The maintainer is usually on irc (#gosa, freenode) and seems to be
quite busy.

I suggest to copy the package from sid to our archives as soon as it
arrives.

Cheers,

	Andi