Re: ldap-database password

Hello,

Am Freitag, den 16.04.2010, 21:42 +0200 schrieb Martin Schulte:
> Hello,
>
> i tried this
> -------
>     ldapsearch -d8 -x -h <username> -W -D
> "cn=admin,ou=People,dc=skole,dc=skolelinux,dc=no -d8"
> -------
>
> and i called for an password. I tried the root password, this is the result
> -------
>     ldap_sasl_bind(SIMPLE): Can't contact LDAP server (-1)
> -------
Have you change the root password since installation? Otherwise look at
your ldap like Odd shows you in his mail.

> Is there an default password for the ldap database? If not, is it
> possible to change the ldap-password, somehow?

Default password is the same as the root password during installation.

You can change the ldap passwords with:
ldappasswd -S -xZWD 'cn=admin,ou=People,dc=skole,dc=skolelinux,dc=no'

But normal passwords change all ways in LWAT please.

regards Andreas