RE: CNAME and powerdns

[schulte-martin@web.de - Sunday, March 14, 2010 11:02 AM]

>     ---------------
>     ldapadd -xZWD 'cn=admin,ou=People,dc=skole,dc=skolelinux,dc=no' -f
>     '/etc/ldap/dns_skole.ldif'
>     ---------------
>
> i get the message:
>
>     ---------------
>     adding new entry "ou=hosts,dc=skole,dc=skolelinux,dc=no"
>     ldap_add: Already exists (68)
>     ---------------

I don't think your entries where added to the database, did you look at it?
(ldapsearch/ldapvi/phpldapadmin)

ldapadd only adds non existing entries it does not modify (or overwrites)
existing ones, for that you must use ldapmodify with somewhat different ldif
syntax.

You'd may write a separate ldif containing only the _new_ entries and use
ldapadd to load it but perhaps ldapvi would be easier for you to use.

However there's no replacement to reading the documentation for these
utilities.
Odd.