Re: Alix thin client doesn't boot with Lenny

On 20 February 2010 01:36, Petter Reinholdtsen <pere@hungry.com> wrote:

> For lenny, these files specify the kernel arguments used for LTSP
> boot:
>
>  /var/lib/tftpboot/debian-edu/ltsp-diskless.cfg
>
>    Diskless workstation boot on the main network (10.0.2.0/23).  Only
>    present on the main server for combined
>    main-server+thin-client-server installations.
>
>  /var/lib/tftpboot/debian-edu/ltsp-thin.cfg
>
>    Thin client boot on the main network.  Only present on the main
>    server for combined main-server+thin-client-server installations.
>
>  /var/lib/tftpboot/ltsp/i386/pxelinux.cfg/default
>
>    Thin client boot on the thin client network (192.168.0.0/24).
>    This is present on all thin-client-server installations.

so Petter, if I don't have a combo-tjener, can I still have diskless
on the 192. of an ltspserver? Do I have to do ltsp-make-client? Or is
it just a question of changing the pxe link?

I am about to set up a new tjener, that I don't want to be a
ltspserver.  That's why I'm asking. (I have been trying what it says
on the wiki, but getting nowhere. I think because tjener is etch)

thanks

nigel