Re: Alix thin client doesn't boot with Lenny

[Giacomo Trovato]
> I'm frustrated, since Alix3d3 is a good solution for thin client.

Try removing the 'quiet' boot argument and adding nosplash or
replacing splash with nosplash, to get more output from the boot to
verify what is going on.  Perhaps the video card do not work well with
usplash?  In that case, using nosplash might solve the iseue.

Did you try with the other proposal from cjf.se, adding the acpi=off
boot argument?

No matter what you find out regarding this client, please add it to
<URL:http://wiki.debian.org/InstallingDebianOn> and document if it
work or not, to make it easier for the next person to know the status.

Searching for 'alix3d3 debian' on Google sent me to
<URL:http://blog.datamatrix-bg.net/2009/06/04/pc-engines-alix3d3-with-debian-lenny/>,
which claim a BIOS upgrade might help for some problems on the
machine.  Did you upgrade the BIOS?

Also found some clues in German on
<URL:https://wiki.kip.uni-heidelberg.de/KIPwiki/index.php/EDV:LTSP/alix3d3>,
but I do not know how relevant they are.

Happy hacking,