Re: Footer/Signature of this Mailinglist

Jürgen Leibner schrieb am Sunday, den 14. February 2010:

> On Saturday 13 February 2010 23:25 Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> > [Alexander Wirt]
> >
> > > I implemented an archive-link feature for the debian-edu footer
> > > which adds a link of the message to the bottom of each mail. This
> > > is based on the Message-Id search so its not exactly perfect for
> > > cross-posts, but its the best we have.
> > >
> > > Thanks for your attention
> >
> > Quite nice.  Should increase the Google hit rate for the debian
> > archive, I guess.  :)
> >
> > Any hope of dropping the <> part of the URL.  I suspect
> > it might confuse software detecting URLs by looking for stuff in <>.
> > I tested, and both
> > http://lists.debian.org/<20100213221122.GC19811@apu.snow-crash.org>
> > and 20100213221122.GC19811@apu.snow-crash.org">http://lists.debian.org/20100213221122.GC19811@apu.snow-crash.org
> > work.
>
> Which client did you use?
>
> Here, using kmail 1.9.9 with Kde 3.5.10, it does not work.
> Only copying the URL to iceweasel gave a working result.
I would prefer that clients would implement the RFCs correctly, but anyhow
since most people are not able to use copy and paste anymore I removed the <>
around the Message-ID.

Alex

P.S.
> Please fix that behavier to make it usefull.
It was usefull before. And if you want other people to implement thinks your
want you should work on your mails.