Re: Presentation of OOo4Kids

El mié, 10-02-2010 a las 09:34 +0100, BenBois escribió:
> Hello,
>
> I just discovered Skolelinux, it looks nice and useful for eduction!
>
> I'd like to present to you our project, OOo4Kids (OpenOffice for
> Kids).
> Let me now to introduce it:
> OOo4Kids is a lighter version of OpenOffice. Org:
>
>     * Dedicated to 7-12 years
>     * With specific adaptations to the world of education
>     * Who works everywhere (Linux, XO, Mac OS X, Windows)
>     * International / Multilingual
>
> OOo4Kids is made for educational purposes, with the idea of
> contributing back to the OpenOffice.org project
> (http://www.openoffice.org) through the OpenOffice.org project
> Education and student projects, but not only.
>
> OpenOffice.org Education Project's goals are to establish a bridge
> between OpenOffice.org and the world of education as well as recruit
> and train new developers.
> It is supported by the French association EducOOo.
>
> If you want more details, please have a look to our wiki:
> http://wiki.ooo4kids.org/
>
> Maybe, you could consider to add OOo4Kids to Skolelinux.
> Hope you'll be find some interests in our proposition.
> Cheers,
> --
> Ben Bois
> OOo4Kids evangelist, designer.
>

> PS: please note that the .DEB version is not yet available but it will
> be soon.

We know, I'm working in the packaging, together with Eric Bachard. I
hope to have usable packages for Debian Squeeze before the end of next
week (at least for spanish and english). Anyway, I must say that
packaging it in a way acceptable to go into the Debian archive is not
possible by now.
The packages work in a Debian machine, but there are currently some
important incompatibilities with the Debian FHS.

As a counter part, the result is that the packages are totally
compatible with an OpenOffice.org installation in Debian, so both can
live together without any problem.

> PS1: I put Eric Bachard in CC, he is the leader of the OOo Education
> and the master developer of OOo4Kids

Regards.