Re: server-questions

On Sunday 07 February 2010 19:02 Martin Schulte wrote:
> Thanks,
>
> Jürgen Leibner schrieb:
> >> I think disabling roaming profiles isn't
> >> necessary, i will disable ldap-authentification on clients,
> >> because they have it's own local account.
> >
> > You are talking about windows machines here, aren't you?
>
> On Netbooks we will have only Linux (i hope i can assure everybody
> ....). Windows only on clients (double-boot), until there is an
> support from Microsoft for WindowsXP

Roaming profiles are a MS-Windows thing and have nothing to do with the
linux clients.

> > and password while accessing the tjener's shares.
> > Therefore it would be helpfull but not nessesary to be in the
> > workgroup 'skolelinux'.
> > All over all are there a lot of pitfalls, because of the networking
> > settings of the clients, which have to be adjusted to fit to the
> > skolelinux ones. And if your pupils are root (Administrator) and
> > can fiddle around everywhere in the windows settings, I wish you a
> > happy lesson :)
>
> What do you believe about our pupils :-)

That they are faster in learning than you.

> . But up to know, on our
> clients (in our old network, "none skolelinux") we use
> PC-sheriffs/HD-guards (Wächterkarten) and
> all users have administration-rights (i did *not* invent this). But
> it isn't that big problem.

A kind of hardware which is IMO not usefull to decrease costs and time
in maintaining bigger networks at schools.

Please be so kind and do not come around with little peaces of
information about what your IT environment is and what goals you want
to reach with skolelinux under wich circumstances in every mail you
wrote. That makes me tired to answer ...

Greetings, Jürgen Leibner

--
GnuPG Key ID: 0x37FF4410
Finger-Print: CF03 BA85 654D 0EED E161 3DD5 07FF 8246 37FF 4410