Hi, I didnt want to add the word "hopefully" to the subject and below are my ideas only. Discussion, suggestions for improvements, general feedback very welcome. And testing, testing, testing and more testing too!! So hopefully rc1 will be released today. Yay! (I'm offline since 2h and will probably just send this mail when I go online again, so I dont know the exact current status. But unless a real blocker is found today, we will release rc1 today.) So my ideas are the following: - from now on only let the following changes into lenny (and thus lenny-test): - translation updates - documentation updates (via the d-e-doc package) - straightforward bugfixes and really trivial enhancements (but no new features) - bugfixes for prio 2 - that's it. I plan to revert other changes, as we need lenny-test to be a staging area for lenny. - use the next seven days for testing rc1 and work on the above. - call for translation updates for d-e-install today with a deadline of 5 days. - release rc2 next friday or saturday (29/30th of January) - rc2 should be identical (unless real blockers are found, obviously) to the final^wfirst release of Debian Edu lenny, except: - bugfixes for prio 1 (prio 2 bugs will need to wait for the first pointrelease from now on) - translation updates to d-e-install - upload of d-e on monday, February 1st (to give the buildds two days) - reuploads of the rest of our core packages (d-e-i, d-e-c, d-e-d) on tuesday, February 2nd, with versions without ~svn in them - build final images on wednesday, February 3rd and copy them away. - use thursday-sunday to do final testing and work on PR, polish the website. - announce Debian Edu lenny on monday, February 8th. - party!!! After that, we should immediatly^wrelax a bit and start with squeeze-test, while still working on a point-release in march. Sounds good? (Or do you think we should release sooner?) Sounds doable? Can you help make this reality? cheers, Holger
Description: This is a digitally signed message part.