Re: Problems adding users an machines

Thank you for answering.

Oded Naveh schrieb:
Hi Martin,
Stating the problem is indeed important ;-)
Also helpful is to state the release in use.
Skolelinux 3.0 (Etch). I have a little test environment with 3 Computers. And it was the first time I added a user.
To isolate the problem first try to login the new user on the server, then perhaps try to login an old user on the newly added machine.
Login on server succeeded. I have no older user, it is my first user. Login on Client delivers: "Could not start kstartupconfig. Check your installation".

Tried these:

running
startx /usr/bin/kstartupconfig
delivers

Fatal server error:
Server is already active for display 0
If this server is no longer running, remove /tmp/.X0-lock
and start again.

After
rm /tmp/.X0-lock
, reboot and a new login, I got the same: Could not start kstartupconfig. Check your installation.

Login over terminal delivers:  No directory , login with home=/

Seems, home-directory is not mounted, or?