Access control by host and user //Re: time control for remote ssh/sftp access

Am Mittwoch, 16. Dezember 2009 schrieb Jonas Smedegaard:
> Blocking access is best done using a firewall

Dear Jonas, thanks for your assessment regarding time control.

Now, what if I need to limit the (samba) access for (5 anonymous)
accounts to a set of (5) hosts (IP addresses) that are located in a
semi-public library and (currently) used by extern users with limited
rights?

Apart from pam_list (how?) I could imagine that there is a way
- to limit NFS access and Unix login for those users as well as
- tell samba to block login based on hostname and username.

Just wondering if pam could be a real candidate here.

Regards
Ralf