Re: traffic shaping

On Wed, Dec 16, 2009 at 04:54:26PM +0100, Holger Levsen wrote:
Hi Jonas,

thanks for the pointer. I also recommend shorewall myself :) Just one minor correction:

On Mittwoch, 16. Dezember 2009, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
Debian-edu do not include firewall functionality

IMO this is misleading. More correct is:

Debian Edu (or debian-edu) does not provide a profile to set up a firewall automatically. Debian (Edu) includes several applications for firewalling.

I find it misleading to claim to functionally include something not handled in any of the profiles.

Or please elaborate: which firewalls do Debian-edu (without paranthesis around the -edu part!) "include"?

(And in fact for squeeze I plan to add a new profile, firewall, to set one up with shorewall.)

Interesting.

 - Jonas