Re: Extending range of Statics

Hi Ralf,

On Samstag, 12. Dezember 2009, RalfGesellensetter wrote:
> db.intern and db.10 look very similar (as they define corresponding
> ranges), and I wonder if this redundancy could be used to unify those
> two files (in order to reduce points of failure).

sure, there are many many things that _could_ be done. there are less things
that could be done and are sensible to do. In this case, this relation is
inherited from the way bind9 has to be configured, and as such this should,
if at all, be changed in bind upstream. working around with providing scripts
is likely to break, whenever bind9 changes.

> Thank you, if you confirm this, we can put this into wiki (and possibly
> even into svn).

I dont think we (the Debian Edu _developers_) should spend any time on etch
anymore (security support will be terminated in 3 months at max, rather
earlier). In lenny we switched to powerdns instead of bind, thus this is
beating a dead horse.

So all our work atm should be directed at releasing lenny asap and providing
good documenation for it.

cheers,
	Holger