Re: PCI: BIOS Bug: MCFG area at e0000000 is not E820-reserved,

Ole Anders Andreassen skrev:
Tried to boot a new Asus Veriton 480L as a diskless workstation on servers running Etch. Just before the splash screen starts I can read this message: PCI: BIOS Bug: MCFG area at e0000000 is not E820-reserved

After the splas screen the boot stops.

On the same servers I'm running Acer Veriton 480 that is about a year older, and these boot with no problems.(I had to install newer kernel)

The problematic client runs and boots on my testservers running the latest Lenny test-image.

Any ideas how I can mange to boot the new client on Etch?

I have installed kernel-image 2.6.26-bpo.2 on the LTSP (and chroot) ,
but this didn't have any effect.

OleA

One more thing...
At the same moment as the client start to hang, the NIC lights is going black.

OleA