Re: have thin clients had their day?

Dear Scott,

thanks for your comments on this topic.
You are right: Flash applications are getting increasingly meaningfull,
only recently a school book editor offered a "free" online evaluation of
pupil's skills based on flash. To meet their requirements I upgraded
LTSP, enabled sound and stuff (just to allow that flash app reading big
numbers allowed, so pupils could show if the can type the right
figures)...

Am Dienstag, 8. Dezember 2009 schrieb R. Scott Belford:
>  I tweak a
> Debian-Edu desktop and then layer the DRBL scripts on top of it.  I
> still manage a few thin client setups in our City and County Parks,
> but here the scale is limited to a few workstations.

Interesting, you refer to Diskless Remote Boot in Linux here, I guess
(http://drbl.sourceforge.net/). As I'm (kind of) taking care for our
world map: I would love getting some red spots within the U.S. here:
	http://www.skolelinux.no/testskoler/map/openlayers.html

Just do us the favor, please, and sign up right here:
    http://skolelinux.no/slschools/editschool.php?lang=en

(will yeh?)

Thanks a lot,
regards,