Re: time control for remote ssh/sftp access

 Tuesday 8. of December 2009 15.51.23 skrev RalfGesellensetter :
> Dear list,
>
> one of tjener's (and therefor Skolelinux's) strengths is:
> everything is already at your service, like sftp:
>
> If you tell your teachers that they could easily upload
> their work from their bureau at home,
> they might cheer and cry for more.
>
> But, of course, you won't allow this during lessons,
> otherwise web browsing might collapse.
>
> What solutions do you take? cron jobs to rotate sshd.conf?
> iptables (?) for bandwith throttling? Any hints on how to
> limit logins to given times or hosts?
>
> Thanks
> Regards
> Ralf

You could deploy a "hack" with cron and sshd.conf, but have you looked
at pam_time and /etc/security/group.conf? Maybe also have a look at the
firewall pfsense, which I believe has the possibility to open/close ssh
based on times.

--
Klaus Ade
klaus@bzz.no