Re: The default PXE configuration for clients (Was: have thin clients had their day?)

Hi,

On Montag, 7. Dezember 2009, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> > I think that machine will boot diskless workstation on the next boot
> > automatically - but I need to confirm this first :-)
> This is not implemented.

Ah, ok.

> Finn-Arne said a common setup on his sites were to specify sections of
> the subnet for thin clients and diskless workstations, and then select
> the default setting using the DHCP configuration.  It might be a
> better alternative, but require more changes to the current DHCP
> setup.

I'd rather see the remaining blocker bugs fixed so that we can release, then
more features being implemented. Also, some stuff can always be done woth the
first pointrelease :-)

> This is fairly easy to do, if we want it.  Either diskless
> workstations or the PXE menu are good options.  On the other hand, it
> can be done using the DHCP configuration too,

how? with lwat too? ;-)

> so perhaps the admins
> should make this decision?

yeah, for now I think that's best. We just need to write documentation for
that...

regards,
	Holger