Re: Wii whiteboard

[Klaus Knopper] wrote:
> You just need:
>
> 1. A wii-controller (just the controller, not the wii)

Check. :)

> 2. A infrared led pen, you can get these from various resources (check
>    for "wiimote infrared pen", "the groove"), or build one by yourself
>    if you are not afraid of a soldering iron,

Used my stereo IR remote, pressing the volume button, for testing.
Worked great. :)

I installed and used wmgui to debug the connection to the Wiimote, and
used it to see the output from the IR camera.  I suspect it will make
it easier to adjust the view of the wiimote when trying to make it see
the entire screen. :)

Very cool.  Will have to get a real IR pen now.  Anyone know where I
can buy one here in Oslo?

Anyone know how the different colors are detected with the IR pens
available from <URL:http://www.wiiteachers.com/>.  Can gtkwhiteboard
handle multiple colors?

Is there some way to get visible feedback for the calibration?  When
using a projector on the whiteboard screen, it would be useful to have
indicators on the corner positions to know where to put the IR pen.

Happy hacking,