Multiseat at schools?

Dear list,

apropos money saving (wii-board):

Recently I did another research on "Multiseat". Some years ago, Petter
mentioned that debian package, AFAIR.

Wikipedia told me, that there are even Windows solutions for Multiseat:
You pay approx. 2000€ for a complete quad-PC (incl. licenses). Of
course, this doesn't pay out - as one station is usually less than 500€.

Therefore, I wondered if there are any schools using multiseat
- in classrooms,
- in computer labs
- in media corners?

Is installation straightforward? What extra costs are there for
additional gpu's? Is there TOC calculations? Is the assignment of
keyboards and mice to sessions stable (as I experience USB, device order
is hardly predictable)?

Just wondering,
regards
Ralf