Re: low resolution thin clients

[Nigel Barker]
> Hi All
>
> If a thin client which displayed 1024x768 on etch, now shows only
> 800x600 on lenny, what does that mean? Too old to have drivers
> anymore?
> Do I need to throw them away now?

I suspect the cause is that xdebconfigurator was better at guessing
resolution and X configuration that X.org is on its own.  What is the
output from

ddcprobe and lspci on the clients?  My prime suspect would be
incorrect DDC information from the screen which we overrided in
xdebconfigurator.

I suspect you could work around this by providing X.org configuration
files.

Happy hacking,