Re: debian-edu build process, once more

Hi,

On Donnerstag, 22. Oktober 2009, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> > As I said previosely: It is not a good idea to keep debian/control
> > in SVN.

I'm with Andreas here.

> Having debian/control and the tasksel file in SVN have been a very
> valuable tool in the past to figure out how thing changed and why
> thing broke.

Besides that there are other ways to get those files, the current blends-dev
package also makes it hard to keep those files up2date in svn:

When you run "make dist", this creates this tarball in the upper directory and
_deletes_ debian/control and debian-edu-tasks.desc in the working copy. So to
update it in svn you need to manually copy the new files from inside the tar
ball...

So I'm definitly in favor of kicking those two files out of svn, I also havent
updated them in svn, when I did the last uploads. So the argument that its
useful to have them in svn to be able to get old versions also doesnt hold.

regards,
	Holger