Re: debian-edu build process, once more

Hi,

On Donnerstag, 22. Oktober 2009, Andreas Tille wrote:
> Package: education-tasks
>  --> This is some specific package which more or less contains a tasksel
>      helper.  It makes no sense to put it in tasks.
>
> Package: education-menus
>  --> This is also a specific package which makes no sense as task.  My
>      lonterm goal is to find a more clever soltion in the blends-dev
>      framework which generalises the *-menu package generation.  But
>      this is not (yet) high on my todo list.  So we have to and probably
>      can perfectly do with this hack introduced by José.

Thanks for these explainations. I've added them as comments to control.stub
now.

> Package: education-thin-client
>  ==> If there is no strong reason to use Depends here than this should
>      definitely turned to a task tasks/thin-client.

I think so...

> > > As I said previosely: It is not a good idea to keep debian/control in
> > > SVN.
> > We don't do that.
> A file debian/control is kept in SVN (currently *depending* from usplash)
> at least in my checkout.

I stand corrected. :-)

I'm not really convinced it's a good practice we do it, IMO it can lead to
confusion and unneeded potential for confusion should be avoided. If we need
to look at a previous released debian/control file, there is
snapshot.debian.org ;-)

regards,
	Holger