Re: Background image in grub and boot process + suggestions on how we can improve Skolelinux/DebianEdu

Mandag 26. oktober 2009, skrev Arnt Ove Gregersen:
> My main thoughts and suggestions are:

Please take a look at DebianEdu Artwork.

I was to blame for the prior one. Yes, and upgrade would be nice.

> - Remove unnecassery menu elements in the K-menu, there are many
>  duplicates and in my opion it is not that well organized

Duplicates are not good. Some is because of legacy reasons because
software has been changed underway, and changed back again.

> - Replace the current icon theme with a more modern one

Please go ahead.

> - Make a nice user start page for the browsers

The one that's already there might be improved.

> - Add default school related bookmarks  to the browsers

No one has done that job. Please engage :)

> - Make the root start page look nicer and simplify it

Same comment as for the artwork in general :)

> - Lwat should also get a nice looking design

I hope it's open for using cascading style sheet (css). If it is, a
change might be doable with easy, given that you know css.

> - Brand the Skolelinux/Debian desktop with our colors, logo and
>  mascot wherever possible so there is no doubt that this is
>  Skolelinux/DebianEdu

Go ahead. Please don't over penguin it with skole-tux logo's. But
choosing a better use of the  skole-tux might be good.

 Best regards

 Knut Yrvin