Re: need dhcpd.conf file

Hi Tim,

On Fri, Oct 23, 2009 at 07:03:41AM -0700, tlang80@gmail.com wrote:
> Can anyone email back with the full default configuration (or whichever one
> works) for /etc/dhcp3/dhcpd.conf in skolelinux lenny.
>
> I installed from the DVD and thought everything was good to go except all I
> have in the file is maybe 7 lines and that's it.  It looks nothing like the
> dhcpd.conf file in skolelinux etch.  I formatted the drive containing etch
> (and don't even know if the etch version of dhcpd.conf would work anyway).

I think you have the correct version of the config file installed.
During the Lenny development cycle we (as in Debian Edu) switched from
the plain text config file to LDAP based configuration for the dhcpd.
The dhcpd now reads, thanks to a patch included in the Debian package,
the config data from LDAP. All you should find in dhcpd.conf is the
configuration of how the dhcpd can access the LDAP tree.

With LWAT you should be able to add and manage the hosts of your
network. Adding a host now also adds LDAP entries for dns and dhcp. This
way you can skip the step of modifying the dhcpd.conf after changing
LDAP accordingly.

> Thanks for anyone who can send the configuration settings over.  Without
> this I'm pretty much at a standstill, and hoping to have the computers
> running for my students within a couple of days.

If you need/want the old config file, used in Etch, you can find it in
our svn tree though WebSVN here:

http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/debian-edu/tags/src/debian-edu-config/1.416%2Bsvn39964/etc/dhcp3/dhcpd-debian-edu.conf

Hope this helps, and please report any problems you have with the new
LDAP based dhcp configuration.

Regards,

Daniel