Re: debian-edu build process, once more

On Thu, Oct 22, 2009 at 01:06:16PM +0200, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
[Andreas Tille]
As I said previosely: It is not a good idea to keep debian/control
in SVN.

Having debian/control and the tasksel file in SVN have been a very
valuable tool in the past to figure out how thing changed and why
thing broke.  Because of this, I believe it is a good idea to keep it
in svn.  It make it possible to reproduce the exact upload done in the
past, without having to guess what was available in the Debian
archives at a given point in time.

I agree - I also keep debian/control in my Git sources even if regenerated semi-automatically.

My point before was only that it is _possible_ - even with Debian Policy requirements - to not store debian/contrl in VCS, not that it is sane to do so :-)

 - Jonas