Re: debian-edu build process, once more

On Thu, Oct 22, 2009 at 01:06:16PM +0200, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> [Andreas Tille]
> > As I said previosely: It is not a good idea to keep debian/control
> > in SVN.
>
> Having debian/control and the tasksel file in SVN have been a very
> valuable tool in the past to figure out how thing changed and why
> thing broke.  Because of this, I believe it is a good idea to keep it
> in svn.  It make it possible to reproduce the exact upload done in the
> past, without having to guess what was available in the Debian
> archives at a given point in time.

Well, it depends from your workflow.  If you in Debian Edu prefer it
this way - I don't really mind.  It might happen on fresh SVN checkouts
that debian/control is newer than debian/control.stub and make will not
create a new control file.  That happened to me today (*I* realised the
problem, others might overlook).  Perhaps the Makefile of blends-dev
should be tweaked to avoid this.  Patches are welcome.

Kind regards

       Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de