Re: how to setup a workstation

2009/10/19 Jacob Maier <jmaier@icsptk.org>

Nigel Barker wrote:

2009/10/19 Jacob Maier <jmaier@icsptk.org <mailto:jmaier@icsptk.org>>

 I think the "big guns" are working on getting diskless into shape for Lenny, so maybe you have to use them as thin clients for now?
Yes but I have 25 workstations performance deteriorates rapidly with some of the larger classes. Depending on what they are doing.

It looks like your client are powerful enough to use as ltspservers. You could put some more RAM and a NIC into one of them and 12 thin clients should be OK. At least until the diskless is resolved.

nigel