Re: debian-edu build process, once again...

On Wed, Oct 14, 2009 at 12:35:57PM +0200, Holger Levsen wrote:
> after syncing all packages from lenny-test to (our) lenny there were some
> reports on IRC that the lenny images behave differently. I wonder if this is
> due to us using "lenny-test" in the distribution field of the debian-edu
> package and even more because we have svn/debian-edu/sources.list.lenny-test
> but no svn/debian-edu/sources.list.lenny - while we have sources.list.etch
> and sources.list.foobar.

There has to be a file
     /etc/{cdd/blends}/source.list.<yourdist>
or
     source.list.<yourdist>
in the source package (if there are both the later overrides the one
in /etc.  If not the creation of debian/control will fail.

> Also svn/debian-edu/debian/README.source has this paragraph:
>
> ---beginquote---
> The distribution field in debian/changelog has to have a valid value
> (UNRELEASED is not allowed, it should be lenny-test atm), since it is
> used (directly from svn) for the CD and DVD builds.
> ---endquote---
>
> sources.list.lenny-test contains these two lines:
>
> deb http://ftp.skolelinux.org/debian/ lenny main contrib non-free
> deb http://ftp.skolelinux.org/skolelinux/ lenny-test local
>

> I _assume_ we should rename sources.list.lenny-test to sources.list.lenny now
> and remove the lenny-test line from that file.

Sounds reasonable even if I wonder whether the second line should be

    s/lenny-test/lenny/

as well - but I do not know your repository layout.

> Does someone actually know? Should I try? Other remarks?

Trying might not harm.  Feel free to contact me in case of problems.  I
might even show up on IRC on request (Holger, you can even call me by
phone - just ask in private mail if there is any need).  Unfortunately I
can only lurk on IRC after business hours and I will leave the house
this evening inbetween about 20:00 and 22:00.

Good luck

     Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de