Re: towards a lenny release, part 2

[Holger Levsen]
> sure:
>
> http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/Documentation/Lenny/Features

Knew it was somewhere.  Added some more points, but it need some more
work, I notice.

>> PXE installation of clients is one feature we probably need to work
>> more on, as it is currently in conflict with diskless workstations
>> out of the box, and it fail to work out of the box when installing
>> from DVD.
>
> Is there a bug about this? If not, could you please file one?

I believe so, but have lost track of the reported bugs. :)

>> Diskless workstation configuration is apparently broken, and need
>> to be adressed.
>
> Is there a bug about this? If not, could you please file one?

I believe so, but have lost track of the reported bugs. :)

>> I would love to have diskless workstation boot as a default
>> option in PXE after installation.
>
> Me too, but I'm not sure we should delay the release for it. IMO this is
> something which is nice to have and could wait for our first pointrelease.
> What do you think?

I suspect it is a few days work for someone with time and interest,
given that the script to generate the diskless workstation
configuration is working.  I believe someone said one of the packages
installed failed to install in the chroot, ref the broken diskless
workstation configuration.

Happy hacking,