Re: towards a lenny release, part 2

Hi Petter,

thanks for your reply on this issue!

On Freitag, 2. Oktober 2009, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> Do we have a list of new features in this release?

sure:

http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/Documentation/Lenny/Features

> PXE installation
> of clients is one feature we probably need to work more on, as it is
> currently in conflict with diskless workstations out of the box, and
> it fail to work out of the box when installing from DVD.

Is there a bug about this? If not, could you please file one?

> Diskless
> workstation configuration is apparently broken, and need to be
> adressed.

Is there a bug about this? If not, could you please file one?

> I would love to have diskless workstation boot as a default
> option in PXE after installation.

Me too, but I'm not sure we should delay the release for it. IMO this is
something which is nice to have and could wait for our first pointrelease.
What do you think?

> I am currently busy working on the Debian boot system for Squeeze, and
> doubt I will have time for anything more than some random testing, but
> am available on IRC for questions and comments. :)

Ack. Thanks for making this clear.

regards,
	Holger