Re: towards a lenny release, part 2

[Holger Levsen]
> I think this timeline is entirely possible, if we concentrate on it
> and find and squeeze the remaining bugs and accompany this with
> solid testing - what do you think?

I am happy to see you putting focus back on the Debian Edu release.
The progress has been to slow.  I agree that getting a release
candidate out is a good idea, and believe such release would be a good
base to use when discussing which feature that need to be fixed before
release, and which ones we can live without.  Also, it should help
expose existing issues that need to be adressed before the release.  I
suspect we need more RC releases to weed out the remaining bugs,
thought.

Do we have a list of new features in this release?  PXE installation
of clients is one feature we probably need to work more on, as it is
currently in conflict with diskless workstations out of the box, and
it fail to work out of the box when installing from DVD.  Diskless
workstation configuration is apparently broken, and need to be
adressed.  I would love to have diskless workstation boot as a default
option in PXE after installation.

I am currently busy working on the Debian boot system for Squeeze, and
doubt I will have time for anything more than some random testing, but
am available on IRC for questions and comments. :)

Happy hacking,