Re: How should we handle bug reports from our users ?

Hi Holger and everyone else,

On Tue, Sep 15, 2009 at 9:27 AM, Holger Levsen <holger@layer-acht.org> wrote:
Hi Arnt,

On Montag, 14. September 2009, Arnt Ove Gregersen wrote:
> > I would recommend adding instructions to
> > http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/Documentation/Lenny/Contribute
> I will add a similiar section here, probably the same as the text that will
> be written to the homepage.

Excellent!

> > http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/Documentation/Lenny/BugReporting
> I will add the old howto report bugs howto here and link to a google
> translated  version of Ralf's excellent bugzilla howto.

Excellent! :)

Sorry, I was a bit too quick on promising things here. I thought the Lenny documentation was prepared in the wiki.

I am not familiar with creating and translating documents in the po-file way so I am afraid will not be able to help you here afterall.

I have instead added the bugzilla howto to the debianedu howtos:

http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/HowTo/ReportBugsInBugzilla

And the old report a bug is already under the howtos as well :

http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/HowTo/BugReports

Is it an option that the Lenny documentation refers to these wiki pages instead ?

For each new translated document I plan to add <original url >-<locale>, like http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/HowTo/ReportBugsInBugzilla-es (for spanish). Do anyone know if there Is a better way to do this ?

By the way, the first draft of the new "Report a bug" page in the new homepage is ready under :

http://joomla.slx.no/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=86&Itemid=88&lang=en

If anyone have comments then please let me know, the picture will probably be replaced by a nasty bug, like in bugzilla :)

Have a nice day!

BR
Arnt Ove Gregersen