RE: stupid mistake. what should I do?

Hi.
In a lot of circumstances, downgrading isn't supported. You may make your situation worse, if a major package is broken.

-----Original Message-----
From: nigel barker <tech@hiroshima-is.ac.jp>
Sent: Tuesday, September 15, 2009 7:01 AM
To: debian-edu@lists.debian.org
Subject: stupid mistake. what should I do?

Owing to a huge amount of stupidity on my part, I confused my konsole tabs
and performed some operations on (Etch) tjener by mistake. Namely I
replaced apt sources with lenny-test, updated and (incredibly, in spite of
the huge list of stuff that came up) upgraded!
I only realised at the end of the day what I had done, and since homes and
printers, lwat and such daily stuff is working still, I came home without
trying to undo the damage.

What should I do now? Put back the etch sources and upgrade again? Just
leave it? Prepare a new tjener as fast as I can?

Please go ahead and ridicule me now if you want. I deserve it.

Thanks

Nigel