Re: local apps

On Mon, Aug 24, 2009 at 02:17:23PM +0200, Holger Levsen wrote:
> http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/Documentation/Lenny/HowTo/NetworkClients
> looks like the ideal place to me and even offers translation support ;-)

i'm thinking more: http://wiki.debian.org/LTSP/Localapps, as the documentation
wouldn't be specific to debian-edu.

there's brief documentation (and surely more to come) of the various options in
the LTSP Manual:

  http://www.ltsp.org/~sbalneav/LTSPManual.html#localapps

also, i'll again stress that Local Apps is *not* a feature present in Lenny's
LTSP.

the thought of adding features at this point in the not-yet-released cycle for
debian edu lenny sounds like an overwhelmingly bad idea to me.

that said, all of the LTSP packages (ltsp*, ldm*) in squeeze currently work
with lenny without much hassle, so it's tempting.

live well,
  vagrant