Testing lenny (was: meeting 090812)

Hello,

Kurt Gramlich schrieb:
> ### Topic: status lenny
>
> Holger mentioned, that only 6 bugs are left!
> http://tinyurl.com/edulenny-releaseview
> Daniel did a netinst testinstall of mainserver+workstation+ltsp which was
> sucessful but he did not yet test the thinclient part. He reported that
> there is still a problem with the bootstrap of ldap for samba and samba in
> general which may also require a change in lwat (to add some more samba
> attributes for new users and hosts) Daniel has a test setup now and is
> working onthe samba issue.

Tested the same thing this week.
Mainserver, workstation and terminalserver all worked (separate
installations).

After applying the small patch to lwat, XP workstations could be joined
into the SKOLELINUX domain.

However, the thinclients did not work:

"RPC mount failed: 2" (repeats a hundred times)

The NFS-mount fails, leaving the thinclient without a root filesystem,
unable to find INIT, dropping to busybox.

I was unable to fix this. Modified /etc/exports on the server and made a
clean ltsp-build-client like I do with my manual installation, but no
change.

I have no idea why this problem exists, while a manual ltsp installation
on lenny works flawlessly.

Tested the terminalserver in 32bit and 64bit - same problem, same behaviour.

BTW - I like the new usplash design ;)

Regards,
--
 .''`.   Philipp Hübner <debalance@debian.org>
: :'  :  pgp fp: BA61 0B0A 2626 D49C BFC6  1C18 1619 74E4 C259 E0E8