Re: debian-edu upload to sid

On Sun, May 24, 2009 at 11:54:46AM +0200, Holger Levsen wrote:
> what is our plan regarding uploading the debian-edu source package to Debian
> sid now? We rather dont, because cdd-dev is now blends-dev - and we need the
> old lenny stuff because we still want to release our lenny? ;-)

could we build packages that work with both unstable and lenny?

i think the main thing would be ensuring that all dependencies are satisfiable
with alternative dependencies, though hopefully most things are still in both
without needing any special consideration.

are there other issues to supporting both with a single source package?

i guess the cdd-dev/blends-dev compatibility needs to be tested...

live well,
  vagrant