Re: (howto) adding better support for a specific language

Mandag 18. mai 2009 08:23, skrev Andreas Tille:
> andreas@cosmodrom:~$ su - Andreas
> Unknown id: Andreas
> andreas@cosmodrom:~$ su - ANDREAS
> Unknown id: ANDREAS
> andreas@cosmodrom:~$ su - andreas
> Password:
> andreas@cosmodrom:~$

tjener:~# su - klaus
klaus@tjener:~$ logout
tjener:~# su - KLAUS
klaus@tjener:~$ logout
tjener:~# su - Klaus
klaus@tjener:~$ logout

But, this only works in Skolelinux with users in Ldap, and that is a
good thing(tm), I have teachers that got very upset when they were told
that they couldn't use capital letter in the usernames, claiming
that "how will the children properly learn to spell their names with
capital letter, when the computer would force them to use only small
letters", and indeed, looking through /var/log/auth.log I see that lots
of users logon using a capital letter in the beginning of their
usernames.

--
Klaus Ade
Mobil:93869567