Re: Pushing kde4 into testing

On Tue, May 12, 2009 at 03:45:38PM -0700, Vagrant Cascadian wrote:

> > > Won't be fixed until after the summer, remove for now. Maintainer
> > > aware.
> >
> > Well, the problem is that libqt-perl has reverse dependencies. In
> > particular, debian-edu-install. We need a solution for that...
>
> would it be possible to lower the dependency to a recommend on libqt-perl, as
> it should still get installed by default if available (i.e. the lenny-based
> debian-edu), but allow kde4 to progress into squeeze...
>
> alternately, even though debian-edu focuses on KDE, what about putting in a
> "libqt-perl | libgnome2-perl" dependency, and fall back to the GNOME frontend
> if libqt-perl is not available?

i committed a third alternative to svn: changed the dependency to "libqt-perl |
xdialog" and set DEBCONF_FORCE_XDIALOG=true. this should still default to the
kde debconf frontend, but if that isn't available, it should then fall back to
using the dialog frontend with Xdialog (which has fewer dependencies than
libgnome2-perl)... though i haven't tested it yet. :)

uploaded to skolelinux repository for testing.

live well,
  vagrant