FP7 (Was: (howto) adding better support for a specific language)

Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> Having the user applications available in the native language is too
> important for us to leave it to chance.  When that is said, we have
> always worked with upstream to get translations in there, and I
> believe that is vital to keep the applications translated.
	I fully accept this attitude.
It's a vicious circle though:
No language support => No users => No translation => No language sup...
I believe Debian-Edu may be the key to eliminate the 'No's and turn things
around.
But it still requires resources, mainly people and funds.

I plan to contact 'all who may concern' in the following weeks and I hoped
to meet some of FRISK people at the gathering to learn from Skolelinux
experience in penetration and promotion.

One point I hoped to discuss there concerns the EU Seventh Framework Program
(FP7). [1-3]
I wonder whether applying for participation has been considered.
Seems to me Debian-Edu fits that program well and would be leveraged by
participation.
Not only your national authorities would thank you for raising [additional]
funds elsewhere it will also benefit other countries where national funds
have not been allocated yet. (including Israel as an annexed country)

Odd.

[1] http://ec.europa.eu/research/fp7/index_en.cfm?pg=understanding
[2] http://cordis.europa.eu/fp7/cooperation/home_en.html#4
[3] http://cordis.europa.eu/fp7/