Re: overview about debian based education solutions

> > Hi Gerhard,
> > not sure what 'pure' means for you exactly.
>
> Pure was inspired frin the "debian pure blends" discussion and I mean only
> use packages from the official debian repository with customized defaults
> and configuration.
> It was written in parenthesis to show that this is not necessary, but a
> fact that is interesting to know.
>
> > the sidux project  (debian sid based distribution, releases are free
> > software only) is developing an educational distribution called seminarix
> > ( http://www.seminarix.org/files/start.html )
> > We are preparing a release on DVD at the moment.
> > The releases on CD so far are german only, the DVD will also ship in
> > english.
>
> Are there plans for a usb version? This is my first - but not only -
> priority.

seminarix ships sidux' installer that offers an easy way to put a live system
on a usb pen including a 'persist' option to be able to save changes.
The DVD image will be ~ 2 GB, so a usb pen with 4 GB will be sufficient.

greetz
ferdi

--
Ferdi Thommes