Re: overview about debian based education solutions

Ferdi Thommes schrieb:
> Am Tuesday 28 April 2009 10:10:15 schrieb gerhard.oettl.ml@ogersoft.at:
>> Hello
>>
>> I am searching for an overview about (pure) debian based education
>> solutions.
>>
>> What I know so far:
>> - skolelinux (www.skolelinux.de)
>> - extremadura solution (www.linex.org?) - see extra posting
>> - lernstick (www.imedias.ch/lernstick) german only
>> - linuxAdvanced (www.bg-kremszeile.ac.at/la) german only [1]
>>
>> I hope that here are people who have more and longer knowledge about this
>> area and can give me some hints where to investigate further.
>> The list does not have to be complete, but I hope I can find the most
>> important ones. Are there central web-resources?
>>

>> best regards
>> gerhard
>>

> Hi Gerhard,
> not sure what 'pure' means for you exactly.

Pure was inspired frin the "debian pure blends" discussion and I mean only use
packages from the official debian repository with customized defaults and
configuration.
It was written in parenthesis to show that this is not necessary, but a fact
that is interesting to know.

> the sidux project  (debian sid based distribution, releases are free software
> only) is developing an educational distribution called seminarix
> ( http://www.seminarix.org/files/start.html )
> We are preparing a release on DVD at the moment.
> The releases on CD so far are german only, the DVD will also ship in english.

Are there plans for a usb version? This is my first - but not only - priority.

regards
gerhard