Trondheim meeting report

Hi all,

Here is my short report from the probably smallest developer gathering ever held ( only 4 persons ) :)

I worked on the new Joomla based homepage for Skolelinux/DebianEdu (http://joomla.slx.no) together with Marius.

I am not so familiar with Joomla, but I had a big breaktrough and was able to make a lot of progress on the homepage.

I am quite eager to complete the homepage ASAP according to layout and the things that was agreed upon on the developer gathering on the 30th January in Trondheim , http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/WebAccess , see under "Input from workshop..." .

This will probably make it easier to have more people help out with the content.

We discussed some of what I believe to be some shortcoming in DebianEdu/Skolelinux, but I was very pleased to see that the  soon to be released DebianEdu/Skolelinux solves most of them. (I will test more at home)

I also had a chance to tell the people at the gatering that I believe we should try brand DebianEdu/Skolelinux more, using our mascot and logo were it is appropiate. like lwat, start page in the browser and possible as the default desktop. I am not a designer, but I believe we can make it look much better with not a lot of work.

We also had a lot of interesting technical discussions and it was really very nice to get know Holger and Oded .

To me this was a very usefull gathering.

Best regards
Arnt Ove Gregersen