Re: (howto) adding better support for a specific language

Hi Andreas,

On Sonntag, 26. April 2009, Andreas Tille wrote:
> Have you ever talked to the DDTP team whether hebrew support is possible?

Please check http://he.wikipedia.org/wiki/UTF-8 - displays nicely here :)

Hebrew is supported since Etch, including but obviously not limited to the
installer.

I fail to understand what DDTP has to do with better supporting a language in
Debian Edu and why you cc:ed debian-i18n@.

But as I now have your attention, I will repeat the full howto for improving
language support in Debian Edu, so that interested i18n people can jump in:

The howto goes like this:

svn checkout svn://svn.debian.org/svn/debian-edu/trunk/src/debian-edu
cd debian-edu/tasks
ls lang*
$edit
svn commit || send patches to the list/bts

We currently have support for:

lang-de
lang-es
lang-he