Re: New Gnash 0.8.5 actually works!

On Tue, 14 Apr 2009, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:

The difference between my backports and those at backports.org is that I
keep track of the chains of poisening during chained backports.  If
later a bug is revealed in part of a chain, I can easily see what needs
rebuilding and can redo same chains again using newer/corrected parts.

Backports.org is not transparent about this need for hacking not only
each single package but also sometimes their dependencies.

Well, I don't use backports.org myself and just trust your reasoning.  I'm
not convinced that the poisoning you mentioned is that harmfull.  In my eyes
your strategy hides a valuable effort (porting gnash to Lenny) for a larger
user base and I fail to see the advantage in this - but finally it is your
work and you have the last word.

Kind regards

        Andreas.

--